Seller Code of Conduct and Selling Policies
LAST UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 20, 2019
All sellers are expected to adhere to the following policies when listing products or services on OurLocalTreasures.com. Seller offenses or prohibited content can result in suspension of your OurLocalTreasures.com account.
If you supply products for sale on OurLocalTreasures.com, you must comply with all federal, state, and local laws and OurLocalTreasures.com policies applicable to those products and product listings.
These policies will be updated often as we grow out the marketplace and it is your responsibility to stay up to date with these policies.
SELLER CODE OF CONDUCT
OurLocalTreasures.com enables you to reach customers in our community and beyond. We strive to ensure a fair and trustworthy buyer and seller experience. At OurLocalTreasures.com, we expect you to adhere to the code of conduct principles outlined below. Violation of the code of conduct principles may result in the loss of your selling privileges and removal from OurLocalTreasures.com Marketplace.
SELLER CODE OF CONDUCT PRINCIPLES:
• Adhere to all applicable laws and abide by all OurLocalTreasures.com policies.
• Maintain current account information.
• Never misrepresent yourself.
• Always act in a manner that ensures a trustworthy experience for OurLocalTreasures.com customers.
• Never list products that may cause harm to OurLocalTreasures.com customers.
• Never engage in any misleading, inappropriate or offensive behavior. This applies to all
your activities, including but not limited to:
o Information provided on your account
o Information provided in listings, content or images
o Communication between you and OurLocalTreasures.com or you and our customers
• Always Act Fairly. Unfair behavior includes but is not limited to the following:
o Behavior that could be deemed as manipulation or “gaming” of any part of the buying or selling experience
o Engaging in negative option billing practices
o Actions that could be perceived as manipulating customer reviews, including by
directly or indirectly contributing false, misleading or inauthentic content
o Activities that could be perceived as attempting to manipulate OurLocalTreasures.com’s search results or sales rankings
o Actions that intentionally damage another seller, their listings or their ratings
• Never circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Services.
As a seller or advertiser on OurLocalTreasures.com, it is your responsibility to comply with all laws and regulations and with OurLocalTreasures.com policies when listing and describing your products. We provide the following material for informational purposes only, and it is not intended as legal advice. We encourage you to consult with your legal counsel if you have questions about the laws and regulations concerning your listings.
CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATIONS
Violations of OurLocalTreasures.com’s listing policies may result in actions such as:
• Cancellation of listings
• Limits on listing privileges
• Suspension of listing privileges
• Removal of listing privileges
OurLocalTreasures.com reserves the right to make judgments in its sole discretion about whether or not a listing is appropriate.
PHOTOGRAPHY, ARTS, AND HAND-CRAFTED ITEMS
Artwork includes all forms of crafted work including but not limited to Paintings, Photographs, Sculptures, other Handcrafted works, Music, Graphics and other works. Examples of permitted listings
• Exact replicas or reproductions of artwork, if the listing includes the word “reproduction” in the title and the description
• Genuine artwork for which the seller has and can provide evidence of authenticity
• Artwork for which the seller clearly and prominently discloses its condition, alterations and conservation or repairs in the listing description Examples of prohibited listings
• Unauthorized copies or reproductions of artwork that violate any copyright or trademark
Our policy: OurLocalTreasures.com does not permit the listing and sales Alcohol. We allow some related products, however.
EXAMPLES OF PERMITTED LISTINGS
• Wine and beer making kits and products that do not contain alcohol
• Alcohol-related accessories and products, including corkscrews, decanters and containers
• Alcohol-related memorabilia and collectibles that do not contain alcohol Examples of Prohibited Listings
• Alcoholic beverages
• Any product marketed for customers over 21 years of age
• Any product that encapsulates raw alcohol
FIREARMS, EXPLOSIVES, AND RELATED ITEMS
Our policy: OurLocalTreasures.com does not permit the listing and sales of Firearms, Explosives, Hazardous Chemicals, or directly related items.
TOBACCO, VAPE PRODUCTS, AND RELATED ITEMS
OurLocalTreasures.com does not permit the listing and sales of Tobacco, Vape Products, or directly related items.
ADULT CONTENT, SEXUAL ITEMS, AND RELATED ITEMS
OurLocalTreasures.com does not permit the listing and sales of Adult Content, Sexual Items, or directly related items.
OurLocalTreasures.com does not permit the listing and sales or exchange or trade of Gambling items, such as but not limited to tickets to a game of chance – for instance raffle tickets and lottery tickets. State of California strictly forbids this activity on the Internet.
OFFENSIVE CONTENT, AND RELATED ITEMS
OurLocalTreasures.com does not permit the listing and sales of these or directly related items. This is at our discretion to determine what we deem offensive or not; however, community standards are considered.
CONDITION OF PRODUCT GUIDELINES
Assigning the correct condition to each product you list on OurLocalTreasures.com is the first step toward providing a great customer experience. It is important to make a careful assessment of your product before specifying its condition.
GENERAL CONDITION GUIDELINES
The following guidelines apply to all product categories unless otherwise indicated in the Category-Specific Condition Guidelines:
Just like it sounds. A brand-new item. Original manufacturer’s warranty, if any, still applies, with warranty details included in the listing comments. Original packaging is present for most New items but certain items like shoes may be re-boxed. OurLocalTreasures.com requires handmade items to be genuine and new.
UNACCEPTABLE AND PROHIBITED ITEMSM
Items in any of the following conditions are unacceptable for listing on OurLocalTreasures.com:
• Item is not clean, including signs of mold, heavy staining, or corrosion.
• Item is damaged in a way that renders it difficult to use.
• Item is missing essential accompanying material or parts. This does not necessarily include instructions.
• Item requires repair or service.
• Item was not created by the original manufacturer or copyright holder. This includes copies, counterfeits, replicas, and imitations.
• Item was originally distributed as a promotional copy, promotional bundle, product sample, or advance reading copy. This includes uncorrected proofs of in-print or not-yet-published books.
• Item has passed the expiration date (includes “best by” and “sell by” dates), has an unacceptable portion of its shelf life remaining, or the expiration date has been tampered with or removed.
• Item is prohibited for sale on OurLocalTreasures.com.